If you’re like most people, your home is one of, if not THE largest investment you’ll ever make. So, protecting its value is key! Homeowners always want to know what they can do to ensure that their homes fetch top dollar when they’re ready to sell. The answer is simple. Performing regular maintenance on a home is the most important thing any homeowner can do.
With spring finally here, why not throw open the windows and tackle those projects that you’ve been putting off?
The checklist below is a great start to keeping your home in great shape, and at its maximum value.
- Remove and donate unwanted items, reorganize and clean attic, basement and garage
- Power wash exterior walls, porch floors, deck, patio, driveway and sidewalks
- Clean outdoor furniture, umbrellas and outdoor light fixtures
- Clean out gutters
- Clean out refrigerator and freezer, making sure to vacuum the grill and coil
- Reorganize closets, donating unwanted items
- Remove lint from the hose attached to back of clothes dryer
- Vacuum baseboards, walls and ceilings, wipe down walls
- Steam clean carpets and area rugs and upholstery
- Reseal natural stone surfaces (travertine, etc)
- Reseal and repair grout in bathtubs and showers
- Clean window treatments, dust and clean blinds and shutters
- Remove items from all shelves, dust and clean
- Oil hinges